One of our favorite cartoons is "Max & Ruby". If you're not familiar with the show, here's a little about it:
"Max & Ruby is a half-hour animated comedy series based on the children's books by Rosemary Wells. Each episode centers on Max, a determined three-year-old bunny, and his big sister, Ruby, a smart, goal-oriented seven-year-old. The show offers an empowering message for children by showing Max and Ruby playing together and resolving their differences in ways that are respectful and supportive."
I often compare my oldest two to Max and Ruby - sometimes I even refer to them as such! Ruby is constantly trying to do big kid things - like write a book or sell lemonade at her makeshift stand, and Max always wants in on the action. He might be a pest sometimes, but he manages to help out or involve himself in a positive way.
Lately my little Max and Ruby have done such a great job playing together. They have been working out their differences in a more mature way - avoiding frustration. I love watching them from a distance playing make-believe or sharing a book.
I often compare my oldest two to Max and Ruby - sometimes I even refer to them as such! Ruby is constantly trying to do big kid things - like write a book or sell lemonade at her makeshift stand, and Max always wants in on the action. He might be a pest sometimes, but he manages to help out or involve himself in a positive way.
Lately my little Max and Ruby have done such a great job playing together. They have been working out their differences in a more mature way - avoiding frustration. I love watching them from a distance playing make-believe or sharing a book.
I love this picture of my little "Max", sitting on his hands. Branson couldn't stop poking and teasing, so I had him sit on his hands for a minute. He was so cute while sitting on his hands. I couldn't help but laugh!



3 comments:
Branson is so cute. What an obedient little guy.
Harlie loves "Max and Ruby" too, but after watching it she always wants to be like Max and tries to communicate with me by using only one word. Drives me a little nutty.
BTW: I'm so sad to not be in the same ward as you guys anymore.
We love that show too! What is your e-mail address? We made our blog private and I'd love to keep you in the loop. Send me a note when you can...schelinfam@gmail.com. Your kids are so cute!
We miss the ward! HOw's everybody in Valley Vista? So much smaller??
Post a Comment