Friday, September 14, 2012

Natalya Turns 8!

June 1, 2012
Another year has passed and our baby turned 8!  She has grown into quite a beautiful young lady.  Natalya has many talents.  I'm impressed with her sense of responsibility.  I almost never have to ask her twice to do something.  And most of the time I don't even have to ask her once!  She just sees a need and takes care of it.  She is almost always on task and needs very little instruction.  She's smart and efficient.  She's loving and always concerned about the well being of others - especially when it comes to her baby sister, Annika.  

Natalya has a tendency to be a little impatient when dealing with younger siblings, but we believe that that's an immature manifestation of her desire for perfection.  Most new things come naturally to Natalya which is why, I think, she sometimes gets frustrated if she doesn't master a new skill on her first attempt.  Haha!  If she only really how blessed she is.  There is more talent in her pinkie finger than in my whole being. 

As her parents we will do our best to channel her energy in the right direction give her the wisdom she needs to create strengths from her few weaknesses.  We are so blessed to have her in our home.  She is an excellent "little mama" and I'm grateful she's our oldest - since she's my right hand on a daily basis.  

Happy 8th Birthday, Natalya!




Her birthday stash.  Complete with Legos, new PJs, Mario Brothers DS game, a Taylor Swift CD, a working volcano and more.  (She LOVES science.)

We surprised Natalya by getting her and her best friend, Alyssa McKamey, out of school early. We took them to a fun park at the Town Square shopping center.  Grandad and Granny Kim came (for her baptism the next day) and played with us at the park then spoiled us by treating us to lunch.



Her day just kept getting better!  By the time we got home Nana had just driven into town and was waiting for us at our house.  Here she is giving Natalya a special baptism gift - a baptismal towel for after she gets baptized.  
  

Then the party began!  Instead of a cake, she wanted me to make chocolate truffles.  They are a little piece of heaven on earth!  I made about 175 of them.  Over the span of a few short days, we ate every last one.


A party isn't complete without a little confetti and streamers! It was a great way to end a pretty perfect day.

I love you, Natalya!  
I'm so glad you're ours.  
~Happy Birthday~

0 comments: