Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Holy Tongue!

July 12, 2013
Annika is at it again!  She really wanted a Band-aid from the bathroom medicine cabinet.  When I told her that she didn't need one, she took matters into her own hands.  I heard a crash and a cry.  I found her sprawled on the bathroom floor.  She had apparently climbed on top of the counter and when reaching for the medicine cabinet she slipped, fell and hit her chin on the counter top on her way to the floor. 

She bit through both sides of her tongue.  These pictures aren't very good, but believe me... it was gross. 


Once she stopped crying, I gave her Tylenol and a popsicle for the swelling.  She liked that :)


As my dad would say, "Poor little kiddle".  
Hmm... I think her eyes are turning green.  My dad would like that.  He has green eyes and I do too.    


I love that she's half-smiling in this picture!  After the bleeding stopped, she was completely happy.  Tough girl.

Once all the drama had passed, she said, "Mom.  Can I have a Band-aid?" then points to her tongue.  Haha!!


0 comments: