Friday, January 9, 2009

Household Happenings

This past year was our year to stay home. We didn't do a lot of traveling; we didn't go out of our way to explore even our own city much. We just did a lot of enjoying our new home together. Although we've kept extremely busy, we have kept the focus on our home. We've had friends over for dinner, rented Red Box movies, played soccer in our living room, invited others to our family home evenings, made goodies (and messes) in the kitchen... and the list goes on. Sure we visited a few museums, parks, and other nearby places, but I can't tell you how nice it was to see how many activities we could come up with without even leaving our house! The kids are finding more joy in the simple things of life - and so are we.

Here are some random pictures of us recently from around our house:



I LOVE her little diaper bottom!



This is Brian's idea of New Year's day.





Branson yearns to help his baby sister.





I guess she was tired. She fell asleep amidst flying race cars, a loud TV, and the marble racer.





This is Branson's favorite part of helping in the kitchen.




Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, STOP. Check on Irelynn. Bounce, bounce...



My sweet dad got my fussy baby to sleep! Great job, Dad. You haven't lost your touch.






My arrangement is finished! I've been wanting to create an arrangement for behind my couches ever since we moved into our home. So for Christmas, Brian took me to the Pottery Barn where we got an amazing deal on these bittersweat and persimmon branches and the vase. I added in a little greenery, and it's done! Merry Christmas to me! It's beautiful. Thanks, Babe.


We sometimes call her, "Chubba-Wubba." I love all her chub.

15 comments:

Reeve family said...

I love your arrangement behind the couch. I noticed it in your earlier post of Christmas, but this has even more in it. Looks great!

Brittany said...

The picture of Branson helping Irelynn with the sippy cup is too precious! The look on his face seems like you caught him in the middle of something he'd been told not to do. Miss you guys!

Brandi said...

We love being home too. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I love, love your flower arrangement.

CJMsquared+6 said...

I can't believe how chubby Irelynn is getting. Her theighs in that first picture are to die for!! Your family is too cute!

Amy said...

Your arrangement is really pretty! It is always rewarding to finish a project and love the way that it turned out.

Chelsea said...

I love Irelynn's chubby cheeks. I can't believe how big she is getting. I took Karlee to her 6 month checkup and she has dropped to the 15th percentile for weight. She is just little.

Anonymous said...

Irelynn is getting so big! Her and Chloe will have fun playing when they are a little big older!

Adventures in Healing said...

I'm so glad you caught up! Your Christmas looked and sounded absolutely wonderful. That look Branson has when he's helping Irelynn with the cup looks awfully familiar. =)

Crystal said...

Sometimes the most fun times are just simple memories made at home. I can't believe how big Irelynn is getting. She's so adorable.

The Bailly's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bailly's said...

Irelynn is SO adorable!!! I have baby fever something HORRIBLE!!!! Randy wants to wait a year but all I keep telling him is "I want baby!!" Not I want A baby, but I want baby! UGH! Hopefully I can get him on my timeline by the time he comes home next month! Fingers crossed cause I WANT BABY!!! :)

Kaymee said...

YOur arrangement looks perfect!!! That exactly what I invisioned :)

LeAnne said...

Crystal,

I just found you through Maren. It is so good to see you and your adorable family. I also got your Christmas card. I was way behind this Christmas so we didn't get one out.

Would love to hear from you. My blog is for my business but drop me an email leanne.a.ballard [at] gmail [dot] com.

Love ya,

LeAnne

Chad and Lesha said...

Krystal, you have the sweetest family. I miss you guys. It looks as if Irelynn is growing at top speed. Thanks for the updates and by the way your arrangement is perfect...

Haute Deb Designs said...

Hi Krystal!! It's me, Debra. I just made a blog and found yours off of Amy's. Irelynn is ADORABLE and looks EXACTLY like Natalya!!! We have to get together and talk, talk, talk!!