Monday, July 6, 2009

Natalya's Dance Recital

Natalya has been dancing with Bunker Dance Center for a full year. And all her dedication has culminated to this one dance recital. In it she performed a ballet piece to the song "So Close" from the movie Enchanted. Words can't express how proud I was of her! She was absolutely exquisite. I couldn't help but sob her entire performance. The best part - she loved to dance as much as I loved watching her dance.

Dress rehearsal - the day before the big day.


Grandad and Granny Kim were so nice to visit us for Natalya's first recital! It made it even more special for Natalya knowing that they were willing to travel the distance just to see her do what she loves doing the most - DANCE!

Here Grandad is towing Natalya and Branson around in the laundry.



Natalya and Granny Kim sharing a tea party together!


Natalya loved getting her hair and makeup done. I think she likes eye shadow and lip stick the best. Here she is the morning of the big day - getting her hair pulled into a low bun. She thinks she looks crazy in this picture. :)


My little sweetheart after her hair and makeup were done.


After the recital, I had her get back up on the stage for one last picture. She loved the stage. (We weren't allowed to take any pictures or film during the performance.)


Proud Daddy.


A Grandma and Grandaddy Oreo kiss! My favorite. Grandma made the sacrifice to be at her recital even though she was recuperating from her hip being replaced just 12 days earlier. What a trooper!


A beaming Granny Kim.


Natalya with her Grandad.


The bunch of us!


This calls for a celebration! Sparklers in the backyard - I lit 36 total.



Grandad doing a sweet dance! Definitely a moment to remember.

4 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

She looks absolutely precious in those pictures. I hope one day I have a little girl who takes dance class!

Chels Allred said...

what a BEAUTIFUL little dancer you have!! I bet she was the best one in the whole show! ;D

Haute Deb Designs said...

Natalya looks absolutely adorable, and she's doing what I love to do most, too!! This brings back memories of my first recital (can you believe I can remember that?!?). When I see things like this I get a little bummed since I'll never get to experience joys like dance recitals, but it's okay because I love my three boys! Congrats on your beautiful ballerina :)

Mindy said...

She looks so beautiful and you can tell she loved it! How great that she had so much family there to support her!