Ahh, the start of another school year. Natalya is in first grade and Branson is in his second year of pre-school. They counted down the days until school began. Daddy gave them each a father's blessing a few days before - and off they went.
Natalya's favorite part of going to school all day was bringing a lunch. I kindof went overboard on her first lunch. There was no way she could eat everything I packed for her in the short time they're given to eat. I guess you could say that I'm learning, too. From homework, classroom volunteering, carpools, and packing lunches, school is a joint effort!
Natalya picked out her new backpack with matching lunchbox.
It was a sea of well-wishers. I think the parents were just as excited as the kids. I know I was.
Looking back on her first-day outfit:
Natalya and Branson didn't get new wardrobes for the school year since fall was just around the corner and I had a feeling they would need pants and jackets soon. But we did let them pick out a new first-day outfit. So from head to toe, Natalya wore: a peacock feather clip in her hair, a black top with lace, a layered teal patterned skirt (shirt and skirt are both from a new Demi Lavato line from Target - way cute), and black sparkly Twinkle Toe Sketchers. She wanted to know if she could wear this outfit everyday of her first week of school. Haha! I remember when my first day outfit meant a lot to me, too.
And the after-school group hug. Irelynn and Branson missed their big sister.
We couldn't leave without Natalya showing us her skills on the monkey bars.
Her first day was awesome! And every day after that, too. Natalya LOVES the first grade.
Branson's First Day of SmartyPants Preschool
Branson couldn't wait to get back to Ms. Kristi's preschool. Since Natalya got to start school before he did, it was near torture for him until preschool began. Almost his entire class returned for the new school year, so he just picked up where he left off...
Left to right: Breyden, Isaac, Ashton, Branson, and Zech. (Andrew came a few minutes late.) With only six kids in his class, there is plenty of time of individual attention.
Ms. Kristi is amazing. I am so glad Branson loves school. That is so important to me. I always enjoyed school and learning new things - and it makes me smile to think that our kids are loving school as much or more than I did.



2 comments:
I'm glad the Reeve "funny face gene" didn't miss a generation. Looks like Branson has picked up where his dad and uncle left off :)
Erin's daughter Cami went off to kindergarten with twinkle toe sketchers too! We were afraid the laser light show would blind her teacher! Those are some amazing shoes.
Post a Comment