December 15, 2012
One of my dearest friends, Chelsea Vocana, recently moved to Lake Elsinore, California because her husband took a job in Riverside. I normally don't get emotional when friends move, but it was especially hard to see her go. Her family has been like family to us. Our daughters are best friends. We've spent many Saturday mornings together at the temple. She's watched my kids and I've watched hers. She was Natalya's Sunbeam teacher and then her Activity Day Leader. We look forward to visiting them in the future, but I think we're all secretly hoping that one day they move back. (That's probably just wishful thinking.)
I had a little going-away party for her at my house a week before they moved. Lots of friends came to say good-bye. It was bitter-sweet. We all wanted to be happy for their new adventure, but at the same time it was sad to see her leave. We'll miss you, Chelsea!



0 comments:
Post a Comment