Monday, January 21, 2013

Primary Program Cover

October 14, 2012

Every October our Primary children have a chance to speak to our church congregation and express some of the things they've learned during the year.  So each year during this time we print the Sacrament meeting program and always put a picture of our primary children on the front cover.  

We unfortunately picked a three-day weekend to take this picture, so many families were out of town.  We figure this picture shows maybe 2/3 of our active primary children.  

(For instance, there are only 13 Sunbeams in this picture and we normally have 28.)

The make-up of our primary classes in 2012 looked like this:

Sunbeam A
Sunbeam B
Sunbeam C
CTR 4A
CTR 4B
CTR 5A
CTR 5B 
CTR 5C
CTR 6A
CTR 6B
CTR 7
Valiant 8
Valiant 9A
Valiant 9B
Valiant 10
Valiant 11

Here we are in the Primary room practicing for our upcoming program.  

With almost 120 children you'd think it would be impossible to keep everyone's attention to teach them something.  But I'm impressed with how reverent they can be when they know it's time to learn.  

I think that there's no better place to serve the Lord than in the Primary.  It's where their testimonies of Jesus Christ begin and grow stronger.  They learn stories of Jesus, how to pray, read scriptures, and how to stand up for truth and right.  Children who learn to love the Lord stand as a beacon of light to those around them.  They're even good examples to us adults! 

In fact, just the other day I was driving with my kids in the car and we witnessed an accident.  A woman hit a man on a motorcycle.  After we left the scene, Irelynn (4), spoke up from the back seat and said, "Mama, should we say a prayer for that man?"  I can't believe I didn't think of that.  I asked her to say the prayer and she did.  She blessed him to 'not be broken' and to 'not have blood' and that he would go to the hospital and get better soon.  It's been only 4 years since my little Irelynn left her Father in Heaven and came to Earth - and she still hasn't forgotten Him. 

I love these kids!

0 comments: