Wednesday, May 1, 2013

One-on-One Time with My Middle Child

February 20, 1013
Natalya is my oldest.  Branson is my only boy.  Annika is my baby.  That makes Irelynn truly the middle child.  I don't want to be that parent that neglects the middle kid.  I want Irelynn to have the same attention that the others get.   Due to circumstance, she naturally doesn't get the same amount of time from me that my older ones had - instead, we work hard to give her quality one-on-one time at every good opportunity.  

For instance...
My big kids were at school and Annika was napping.  Instead of doing dishes or paying bills I decided to play a favorite game with Irelynn.  Irelynn and I love playing Camelot Jr.  It's a puzzle/strategy game where you try to get the prince to the princess using blocks.  We laughed and played for a good half hour.  Then we practiced some of the things she's learned at gymnastics - hand stands and cart wheels.  

It wasn't much, but a little love goes a long way.  


In fact, just today Irelynn was bored so I painted her nails a lovely pattern of pink, blue, purple, and green.  I have to remind myself to take a little time out of each day to connect with my kiddles.

0 comments: