Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I, too, have been sucked into the Twilight book series by Stephanie Meyer. So I haven't been much of a mother while reading this page-turner. In fact, I let my children get away with whatever they wanted to do until it was finished - it took my about 3 and 1/2 days to read. Below is a picture of my living room. While I was reading, they were doing couch olympics! My daughter in her princess dress and my son still in his PJ's, this dangerous pair created quite a disaster. But as long as they kept themselves busy, I didn't care! Now that I've finished, they have my absolute attention. :)


11 comments:

Amanda J said...

Ha ha, I did the same thing...

Rob and Dani said...

That is hilarious, thanks for being honest. I am going to start reading the series, it is a little overwhelming to start a book and know that there are 3 others that follow it. But I hope I love it! Those were probably the funnest days of your kid's lives, my kids would love some freedom like that!

Adventures in Healing said...

Haha. I thought about taking a picture of what my house looked like while I was reading but decided against it in case someone decided to call child services on me. =)

Anonymous said...

i love this post! i just started the book and can't put it down!!

Emily said...

I'm right in the midst of reading it myself, and you can bet my house has seen some better days too! You're "torpedo" looks great too.

ksdavis6 said...

That is funny, I am feeling guilty because I have been lying in my bed reading. I decided to read all 3 again because I have a bad memory, so I am on book #2 almost done and I started last night. I stayed up until 2 last night reading. I am super excited to read 3 and 4. You look really good, soon, soon, soon:)

Kaymee said...

i love the mess!!!

Anonymous said...

My house looked the same way!! Don't worry, you are not alone! I loved the book though, so it was worth it!!!! :)

ps- last Wednesday for mutual, your parents did an etiquete night and they were so cute! They are very smart about that stuff! I felt like a heathen (sp?) I knew nothing of what they were teaching us! :)

Scott, Amber, and Landon said...

Love the mess, wish I could say that I always have an excuse when my house looks like that but sometimes it appears the same way even when I am paying attention. I can't wait until book club. I just finished this morning at 2:00 am and had to be at work at 5:30. Oh well it was worth every moment. I really liked the book my only complaint is that the series has ended. I feel like a small part of me has ended as well. Back to normal life which just doesn't seem as exciting right now as fantasy. Couldn't she of just written like 5 more? I guess it would never be enough. Anyways, see ya soon!

Becky Nelson said...

That is so funny, becuase I stop being a mom while I read those books. I of course would help when it was dinner or if they were hurt, but I tried to let my children do anything they wanted while I read. Breaking Dawn was a fun book and it is nice to see how everything ended. Take care.

Kristin said...

Krystal!!!!! Hey long lost girlfriend! I am so excited I found your blog from Brittany's. I can not believe how big and absolutely adorable your kids are!!!! And another on the way! You go girl. I have to say I love your hair dark. (you did it!) but it looks like you went back to blonde??? I love the blonde too. I have thought about you a lot lately wondering if you had another baby yet. Looks like you guys are doing great! Hugs!