Monday, December 1, 2008

Rewind to Halloween!

I never got the chance to post pictures of Halloween - let alone upload them to our computer. So let's rewind for a minute to Halloween and I'll share with you all that went on during the month of October!


There was a giant slide at the pumpkin patch. Yes, that's Brian chasing Branson up the big slide. They enjoyed the slide more than picking out pumpkins. :)




But they loved helping design and carve our jack-o-lanterns. Although Branson didn't like getting his hands all slimey from cleaning out the pumpkins, Natalya loved it! Branson really just liked to draw on his pumpkin.

Notice the date stamped on our pictures. We were so busy during Halloween, that we decided to wait until the day afterwards (November 1st) to carve our pumpkins. It was actually more enjoyable that way. And it made our holiday last a little longer.





For Brian's home teaching this month, we decided to do a home teaching family home evening. We had several families over for a short spiritual message, pumpkin decorating, and dessert. Some of the parents may have had as much fun as the kiddies.




This year we decided to have a theme to our costumes. And it only seemed appropriate considering we have three little children to be, "The Three Little Monkeys Who Jumped On the Bed" with "Mamma" and "The Doctor" of course. Unfortunately, "The Doctor" is taking this picture, so you can't see his doctor-like costume. And I, "Mamma" ended up putting curlers in my hair.

I loved the kids' costumes because they were warm, and they came with curly little tails, mittens, shoe covers, and bananas attatched to them. The first thing they wanted to do when they put them on was jump on the bed! And they did!









Above is Branson's 2 year old play group. We threw a little dress-up Halloween party for them. Branson's favorite part was searching for hidden spiders in the back yard - and eating snacks, of course. As a side note, the little Snow White that took a picture with Branson mentioned to her mother that she and Branson were going to fall in love and get married when they grow up. I love it.









I love her little monkey tail!

Natalya's pre-school had a Halloween party and parents and siblings were invited! Branson had so much fun being a "big kid" with Natalya. The pre-school had snacks, several Halloween games, playtime outside, and goodie bags.

Happy belated Halloween! I hope to get our Thanksgiving pictures posted before Christmas. :)

12 comments:

Emily said...

I love the themed costumes! And you have the cutest little monkeys :)

CJMsquared+6 said...

WHat an adorable idea for costumes... I love it. I also love Natalya'a face with her pumpkin!

Amy said...

Better late than never!!!

Jamie said...

How fun!! We got your announcement in the mail today. So cute! She is still a little Natalya look-alike!

Reeve family said...

Cute halloween pictures! The kids all looked so cute...great idea!

The Bailly's said...

Such a cute idea! You all looked so adorable! I love it!

Kaymee said...

cute costumes! love the theme!

Melissa said...

I love the costumes, they are adorable! I've got to see your new little one!

Maren said...

Krystal! Hi it's me Maren. Your children are so adorable! Congratulations on your new little one. She is darling and I am glad she is home and thriving. It is so good to catch up with you! Thanks for sharing!

Here is my blog
http://ambrocrossroads.blogspot.com/

Keyonna said...

We miss you guys! Love all the pictures! Lily keeps talking about Natalya and asks when we can go see her. Probably not for a long time, sad! Send me your email and I'll send you an invite to my blog. keyonna@akmcmillen.com

Anonymous said...

Way cute pictures! I love Halloween!

Mindy said...

Where did you get those cute costumes, I love it! I may have to steal your idea for next year. Russ and I always have the hardest time trying to decide what we should be for Halloween.