This is the kindergarten playground. The school is currently in the process of adding a canopy over the play equipment. They are also going to add murals on the blacktop.
Natalya's first day was a family affair! I was glad I wore big sunglasses, because it was hard not to get emotional when watching your oldest child become so independent and ready to move on to the next stage of her life. She was ready - I wasn't.
Ms. Lee asked the children to get their backpacks and stand in a straight line. Then she looked at them and said, "Tell your parents that you'll be fine - and that it's all going to be OK. Now wave good bye!"
That was it. She was gone. And I was left feeling proud of her, proud of myself, and a little sad to think that her baby years were over.
I love motherhood. I love every stage of my children's lives. I don't ever want to find myself wishing their lives away - but enjoying their current station and celebrating every step they take.



6 comments:
I was SO excited to see you blogged! You must have gotten your camera fixed, or a new one?! ;-) How cute that Natalya was so excited for school to start!! What a beautiful girl! ...and..sorry to hear about your favorite sandals. I have a pair that i've had for 10 years that i am ever so careful with, because I am determined to have them last me forever! haha.
What a big girl! I am so happy that Natalya is loving school!!!
I know how you feel with all this school stuff. Melody LOVES every second and was super excited to go, but I felt pretty weepy. Time has just gone by too fast and I can't believe how big all the kids are getting! I'm so glad you are all doing so well.
I love the dress Natalya is wearing in the pictures. It is so cute! I know how you feel about your sandals. I broke my favorite pair a couple of years ago and still haven't been able to find another pair to replace them. It's so sad!
I felt the same way when Corbin started. I totally wanted to stay with him. And I hate to tell you, but it was that way when he started first grade this year too. Going all day was another huge step and I had no idea how I could wait that long for him to come home and tell me all about it!
And I am with you on enjoying every moment. Now that Corbin is gone for most of the day, I realize what a short time we have with our little ones, because they grow up and spend more and more time away from home. We have to cherish the time!!
Wow! Kindergarten??? How did she get so old so fast. She is so adorable.
Post a Comment