Thursday, May 6, 2010

Attorney Retreat

Once a year, Brian's office invites all associates, partners, and their spouses to a business retreat in Phoenix. My mom, bless her sweet heart, agreed to watch the kids for us. She's a saint. It was such a relief knowing that our kids were well taken care of so that we could relax.

The weather was gorgeous. It certainly didn't feel like the desert. We had blue skies, mid-70's temperatures, and the resort grounds exhibited beautifully manicured lawns and flowers. You could smell the flowers from just outside our room.

We stayed at the Biltmore. Wow! What an amazing resort. (I didn't take tons of pictures, so here are a few stock photos along with some pictures that I took.)

Looking at the front of the Biltmore. (stock photo)


One of the bazillion pools. (stock photo)



Lobby. (stock photo)


This is the courtyard outside of our building. It was so beautiful to walk past all the fountains and flowers on our way to breakfast every morning.





In between cottages you could play golf on the putting green.


Or your choice of chess or checkers on the life size game board. There was also croquet.


I'm the queen :)


Dinner on the terrace.








On our patio, looking out from our room.



Brian kept in contact with a girl he baptized while on his mission in Brazil. She and her husband live in Tuscon and drove to Phoenix to meet us during our trip. They were really good to us; they took us out to lunch and then to an outdoor shopping mall. I was glad we had the chance to meet them.

Despite the stress of trying to leave town and making arrangements for the kids, we were miraculously able to relax and enjoy a quick trip - just the two of us.

3 comments:

Reeve family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! It definitely is so stressful finding someone to watch kids while you are away.

Rob and Dani said...

It is so fun to see your retreat! What a great company to treat you all so well. I still wish Brian and Rob worked together - Reeve Perkins and Henriksen law! I could happen:)

Mindy said...

What a gorgeous resort! How nice to be able to get away and enjoy some time together. Looks like fun! Makes me want to get away - we had snow just last weekend and I am ready for some flowers and sunshine.

Love your hair, btw!