Tuesday, May 3, 2011

An Easter Weekend

We celebrate two days of Easter at our house.  Saturday is reserved for the fun "commercial" aspect of Easter where the Easter Bunny visits garnishing our house with candy-filled eggs.  Then on Sunday we focus on the true meaning of Easter: the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  

The kids had a great time Saturday morning... 
They woke up to find a single jelly bean on each stair leading downstairs. Then they were off on the hunt to locate their Easter baskets!


Ripping into their Easter baskets is a lot like presents on Christmas morning. In fact, Natalya couldn't decide which she liked more - Easter morning or Christmas morning! That made me laugh.


Our Easter Bunny can jump really high! Brian had to pick each of the kids up several times so they could reach...








While our big kids were busy finding all 84 eggs, Annika was hanging out with me and smiling at Daddy. 




Annika is such a joy. She is honestly the happiest baby I've ever seen.


The Easter Bunny filled our eggs with Starbursts, Reese's eggs, Skittles, and jellybeans.  We let our kids enjoy as much sugar as they want in the 24-48 hours following the holiday, then the remaining candy magically disappears!


Aw...our kids are looking older to me every day. I can't believe how grown up Irelynn has become since her baby sister arrived.  Branson is all of a sudden more independent.  Natalya and I have become closer, too.  (Haha!  I just noticed that Natalya has her cheeks full of candy in this picture.  My little squirrel!) 

I was upset at myself for not taking any pictures of the kids Sunday morning all dressed in their Easter Sunday outfits.  Take my word for it - they were adorable.
Happy Easter!

1 comments:

Kara said...

I forgot to take a pic of my kids on Easter too! A bummer!