Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Lizard in the House

That's right.  A LIZARD ran into my HOUSE!  I heard Branson yell from the dining room, "MOM!  A lizard just ran into the kitchen!!!"  Sure enough, our back door was wiiiide open (let that be a lesson to our kids) and I could see the lizard from across the house. 

After I calmed myself and found a place to set the baby, I chased the lizard out of the kitchen - it ran under the couch.  Then I shook the couch - it hid in my curtains.  I lifted the curtain - it took off behind the armoire.  Then I got smart.  I stuffed a blanked under the toy closet door (because it would be impossible to fish the lizard out of there) and I found a clear, plastic Tupperware container.  By some miracle I was able to guide the lizard straight into the Tupperware!  I slapped it down on the carpet and had Irelynn hold the container still while I found a book to slide under it.  

Here's our little friend after I kindly deposited him outside...


1 comments:

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

My backyard is full of lizards, they are always running across and sunning themselves on our walls. A friend told me that is a good thing, if you have lizards you won't have scorpions!!! So see, a silver lining!