June 6th, 2011
We started our month with a startling surprise! While I was distracted with the other kids, Irelynn found a pair of scissors up stairs and gave herself a haircut! She's the first of our children to cut her own hair. I wanted to be angry, but she looked at me and said, I made myself so so beautiful. I told her that she was already "so so beautiful" and that cutting hair was a mommy's job. Then she repeated something we've said a hundred times: We only cut paper.
Here's a look at her new pig tail...
You may not be able to tell from this picture, but she also thinned out her bangs. I had to create a new hair line, pulling new hair forward, to cover her shorter bangs. (2 inches shorter!)
These are just a few locks of hair I found on the floor. Her hair is now 4 and 1/2 inches shorter.
I know I've said it before, but there is honestly never a dull moment at our house!



0 comments:
Post a Comment