Friday, March 9, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

Tradition is a funny thing.  I'm sure this blog post is much like last year's Christmas Eve blog post and like the one the year before that... But there's something sweet about the redundancy of it all.  We look forward to doing the same things each year.  It's comforting, or even exciting because we get to anticipate what comes next.  So here's a look at our regular, normal, and perfectly perfect Christmas Eve...

This year Natalya and Branson bought gifts for each other, and Irelynn and Annika bought gifts for each other.  I got a little snap-happy so here's the frame-by-frame:

Branson went first.
I LOVE the look on Natalya's face as she's anticipating Branson's reaction to the present she chose for him.

The Angry Bird Bomb Bird!

I think Natalya enjoyed the giving part more than anything else.  And that's the point.  :)


Annika's turn.  
Irelynn picked the gift out for her...


The wrapping paper is definitely cool.  


See ya!  
(We were cracking up when she just crawled away!)

After much coaxing, we convinced her to return.

Success!  She loves her new piano.  
Thank you big sister!

Irelynn's turn.  
Annika (with Mommy's help) chose her gift. 


Dress up high heels!  Just what she wanted!

Natalya's turn.
Branson picked Natalya's gift out of the Scholastic Book fair.


"Ohh!"  
He couldn't have gotten her a more perfect gift - the official Poptropica guide book.

................
Once they simmered down, Grandaddy read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.  This is the exact book that my grandmother, "Gramarian," got for me when I was small.  






Then we placed the magic key on our doorknob (so Santa could let himself in).  

We set out the pots and pans for our morning Jingle Bells parade.

After choosing cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer and pouring him a glass of milk, it was off to bed!  And surprisingly, they passed out quickly.  As we do every Christmas Eve, we told them that the faster they go to sleep, the faster they would wake up.  Then it would be Christmas morning...

1 comments:

Mindy said...

I saw your link on Chelsea's blog and had to check it out!! Those pictures are priceless!!! I love those huge smiles and loved reading your blog:)