Friday, April 6, 2012

Christmas 2011

Previous years I made our kids wake us up before going down stairs Christmas morning.  That way, I could get the camera out, turn on the lights, turn on Christmas music and get into proper filming position.  Then I yelled, "OK!  Come on down!" and catch their responses to the splendor that awaited them downstairs. 

This year I realized that I was robbing them of the magic of Christmas!  One of my favorite memories as a kid is darting downstairs Christmas morning to see if Santa came.  Then I'd run back upstairs to wake everyone up.  I wanted them to experience that same joy.

This year, mom and dad followed our kiddles down the stairs.  Here's what they saw...

The note below reads: 

Merry Christmas!  
Love, The Reeve Kiddles
signed... Branson, Irelynn, Natalya, Annika (baby pookie)
feed the reindeer

SANTA CAME!!  
He used our magic key, ate his cookies, and drank the milk.  He even fed the carrots to the reindeer.

Our kids must have been on the good list.  Spark Razors and Squinkies for everyone!  And one super-cool individual toy each.    



The Angry Birds Chapters...
Branson has a slightly unhealthy obsession with Angry Birds.  I fed his obsession this Christmas with giant cardboard cutouts that we used to decorate his bedroom.  (They were a part of a WalMart display.  I left my name and number with the store manager and asked them to call me when they were ready to take it down.  They did!  And now he has the coolest Angry Birds bedroom ever.) 

Strike a pose in your new sunglasses!

Who said soccer can't be glamorous?

All Irelynn wanted for Christmas was her own make-up.  5 dollars later she was the happiest little girl I'd ever seen!


Branson had a very Angry Birds Christmas.




Santa filled her stocking with a fridge toy and baby food :)

Bippidi Boppidi Boo!  Disappear until next year!
~Merry Christmas~

0 comments: