Monday, March 11, 2013

Aunt Jackie

February 2, 2013
My Aunt Jackie passed away just two weeks after discovering she had stage four cancer.  We were all shocked.  She had such a vibrant personality and seemed so healthy and sharp - it was hard to swallow. Yet I couldn't help but imagine the wonderful reunion she's having with her sweet husband on the other side.  Uncle Mel died just two years ago.  I think he missed her and asked the Lord to let her come home too.  

My parents and I drove to Utah for her funeral.  It was a bittersweet reunion.  I enjoyed seeing all my cousins, but wished it had been under different circumstances.  

Here we are at her burial.  It was a beautiful day.


They had 5 sons and 1 daughter.  My cousin Christie put on pink lipstick and kissed her casket right before it was lowered into the ground.  It was so sweet.   

All the grandkids let a balloon go in her honor.




Aunt Jackie was buried next to her husband, my Uncle Mel.   (Here's my dad pictured next to his brother's grave.)

I loved seeing my cousin Brittany and her new son Hyrum.  Sometimes tragic times bring about great reunions.  

I'll miss you Aunt Jackie!  I love you!  
I can almost hear her saying, Love you back.  

0 comments: