July 1-11, 2014
We started July with a bang! July 1st was Grandma's birthday. We made it special with balloons, taco salad, and yummy cupcakes. Happy 78th, Mom!! You are in integral part of our family. We love you so much!
On July 2nd we swam a lot. My little fearless Annika will not drown on my watch!
Independence Day
We made the 4th of July extra special this year. It was fun to dress up and be festive. The weather was gorgeous. We decided to spend a day with the cousins! We really enjoy being able to spend holidays together.
It's a party! (Well, it's always a party when the cousins come over.)
Then we made our way to Providence for their annual 4th of July fireworks display. Beforehand, we went to the cousin's house to light our own fireworks.
Uncle Bryan lighting the snakes
I'm not sure why, but kids always think the little growing snakes are SO cool. Maybe not James. I think he's trying to hide in the garage.
Sparklers are the best! Who doesn't like to write their name in the air with fire?
Once it was dark, we walked to the Knickerboker Park for the big fireworks display. They always orchestrate it to music. The kids were completely captivated - then completely wiped out. I'm pretty sure there were at least 2 kids asleep on the walk home. That's a sign of a fun-filled 4th!
July 5th, 2014
5:30am
I woke up before Brian did because I wanted to take a special test...
Upon reading the results, I then rooted around the garage for a cute pair of non-gender-specific shoes, took our chalkboard off the wall to make a "Congrats" sign, and slipped the pregnancy test inside the shoe...
When he woke up, he was shocked and delighted to find we were expecting another little Reeve! This sweetheart is due May 9th, 2015. More details to come :)
July 6th we played a lot of Qwirkle, the kids new favorite game. It's kind of like Dominos, but cooler.
July 10th was a visit to the dentist. My kids LOVE going to the dentist. Why? The waiting room has toys and a TV. They have a restroom with a tiny potty. The staff is nice. The dentist is cool. They get prizes. And they never have any cavities. Annika is the best patient ever.
July 11th was Natalya's performance for parents after attending musical theater camp. She was the lead roll. So talented!! I'm definitely a proud mommy.
















0 comments:
Post a Comment