For the most part, Las Vegas has fantastic weather. But during July, August, and September, you have to make an effort to beat the heat! Here are a few ways we stay cool:
One, Two, Three, JUMP! We sometimes escape the heat by borrowing a friend's pool.
We've also been having a lot of playdates (inside, where there's AC, of course). Here are some pictures of Natalya and Branson playing with my good friend Kaymee's children - Jenna and Cody. It was so fun to get together! Kaymee and I have been friends since the 7th grade, but haven't seen much of eachother in recent years. Now we have children the same ages - and they have become fast friends.
Branson and Cody playing with trains.
Branson and Cody dancing to their sisters' princess music.
Jenna (Cinderella) and Natalya (Sleeping Beauty) dancing to princess music.
Jenna painting Natalya's nails a lovely shade of periwinkle. She also painted her toes with glitter.
We've been doing family activities during the evening, too - when it's much cooler (like 90 degrees, instead of 105). Here we are at our "Summer Splash" pool event that our Providence HOA put together. The kids loved dancing to the music - and the DJ gave them lots of toys to take home.
Our kids love to help me cook in the kitchen. Here's Branson helping mommy make pancakes - naked, of course.
Natalya and Branson have a new favorite activity - playing with cups and buckets of water. Several mornings in a row I find them playing on the patio - making "secret recipes" together.
And that's how the Reeve's beat the heat!



4 comments:
Such cute pictures! I especially love the one of Natalya jumping into Brian's arms in the pool...precious!
I love the pics!! cute post idea too!
Oh my goodnesss!!! This is Crystal (Renner) Bailly from high school!!! I was on Carly Pickering's blog the other day and was looking at your blog and didn't even recognize you with the short dark hair!! I just today figured out it was you. I cannot believe you have been married for 6 years and getting ready to have your 3rd child....amazing where life takes all of us! Go ahead and check out our blog too...weird to think you were just in Phoenix last month, and that is where we live! :) Small world. Take care and good luck with the birth of baby Irelynn!
I have a membership to the Lied Discovery Museum that is good for playing and keeping cool. You're probably too worn out to go but if I can leave Keller and/or Kyle somewhere then I will have enough room and will take your kids. If nothing else they need to come over and play with the hose. We have water fights over the wall with the Mulliners.
Post a Comment