Thursday, July 3, 2008

Baby Irelynn Update

I thought it was time for an Irelynn update! I will be 30 weeks along this Saturday, July 5th. That leaves us only 10 weeks left - and I'm still NOT on bedrest! This pregnancy is going much better than originally anticipated.

Having said that, I have still expreienced a few "red flags" so my doctor is taking all precautions necessary to ensure a healthy baby girl at delivery. The baby dropped at 27 weeks along (way too early) and I started experiencing some pain in my pelvic bones. I have also been experiencing contractions every day since I was only 16 weeks along. Most of the time they're just Braxton Hicks (practice contractions, not labor) but about once a week they would come every 2 minutes or so and wouldn't stop for a few hours. That means I would force myself to lay down, drink water, eat something, and rest with my feet elevated until they would slow down enough to stop. Luckily, I haven't had to run to the hospital for monitoring yet. And within the last 2 weeks, I've had that nagging lower backache that I get with the end of each one of my pregnancies - usually because the baby has dropped and is facing posterior.

SO, because of these little roadbumps my doctor had me receive steroid shots for the baby's lung development should she make her arrival before they're completely developed. I've also taken a fetal fibronectin test to see if my body will try to deliver within the next two weeks - and luckily that test came back negative! We're very happy about that. I had done all these things when I was pregnant with Branson so this is no new news to us.

I feel overwhelming peace and comfort with this pregnancy. I know we'll have baby Irelynn when she's ready- Until then, I am trying my best to take care of myself, my family, and the new little one that wants so desperately to join our Reeve household. Thanks for all your love and support!

4 comments:

Rob and Dani said...

I am soooo glad you posted about Irelynn because I have been wondering how your preganancy has been going. I remember how dificult it was to be on bedrest with Branson because you had little Natalya to take care of. We will be praying that baby Irelynn will hang on as long as possible! Have a happy 4th of July!

Emily said...

Glad to hear things are going pretty well so far! Keep us all updated... I'm thinking about you!!

Becky Nelson said...

You look so great!! I can not beleive how much your family is growing. Brain knows me as Becky Eller and I have met you once. I found your blog threw Brittany's. It is great to hear all is well. I hope you don't mind me adding your site to mine. Come check us out at peckslife.blogspot.com Say Hello to Brain for me.

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Good Luck with everything!