Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And He's Barely Two?!



Here are a few things I never thought I would hear coming from my 2 year old son:

1) When my husband was leaving for work, Branson called out the door, "Peace out, Dad!"
2) When Branson discovered a new book he hadn't read before, he said, "Ooo-la-la." (I have no idea where he got that one from.)
3) When he woke up one morning he ran into our room and said, "So, do you wanna get me some chocolate milk?"
4) When his car derailed from his race track he said, "Woah! What the heck."
5) When I opened up a baby gift (a turtle-shaped toy) he said, "Well, that turtle's amaaaazing."
6) When I was doing dishes, Branson comes up to me and says, "So, I have a great idea..." But I never heard what it was because I was too busy laughing.
7) This one may not be that funny to most of you, but I will always remember it as one of the sweetest moments: I was busy and tired and frustrated one day - and I can't remember what mistake I made, but I let out an exasperated, "dang-it". Then Branson came up to me and with a very serious face said, "It's OK, Mom. Try again!". I nearly cried. He was so sweet and sincere.

I love my children so much! They can add humor to the most serious days. And although they often say the wrong things at the wrong time, they sometimes say just the right things at exactly the right time.

12 comments:

Rob and Dani said...

That was such a sweet post, thanks for sharing. I have to admit that every time I read your blog it just makes me miss you guys terribly. I love how you said that sometimes kids just say the right things at the right moments, you make me want to write those words down.

Emily said...

Aren't kids the best!? I absolutely love their little comments! You've got one cute little boy :)

dena said...

This post has helped me be a little more excited about having kids. :) Very sweet.

The Woods People said...

Super cute! We love your boy he's the cutest, next to our boy of course. But yours definitely has style, he always seems to have the coolest clothes and shoes. We want his hand me downs.

Alli Waldron said...

I can't believe how fast your family is growing. Your family is beautiful. I just came across your blog. It has been a long time since I last saw you. You may not even recognize me by my married name. My maiden name is Allison Sutton.

Anonymous said...

i was laughing as i read your post! andrew has been coming up with some of the funniest sayings lately too!:)

Brittany said...

Krystal tagging is where you copy and paste that section to your blog but delete my answers and fill in your own. Just kind of a fun way for people to get to know you better!

ksdavis6 said...

What a cutie! It is funny the things kids say, I like the peace out one the best. Good luck with your baby coming soon, I am sure you are excited to met her! Take care Sonya

Kye Nead said...

I would have to say 2 is my favorite age so far. I have never laughed so hard. I still don't get what the "terrible twos" are suppose to be. Your kids are to cute.

Kaymee said...

That is so cute!! I love the things they say! i really need to carry around a tape recorder...just of them, not me :)

Amanda J said...

That is so sweet! He was there right when you needed him!

Adventures in Healing said...

I always have a hard time believe Branson is just barely 2. Did you see that he and Keller are in the same nursery class. Hooray for nursery! Ohh-la-la. With all our new Fancy Nancy stuff here I'm sure it's just a matter of time before we get that one.