We had such a busy Halloween this year! It felt like 3 days of Halloween. We had a school party, Brian's office trick-or-treating, a birthday costume party, our ward trunk-or-treat, and two other costume parties that we had to miss! Needless to say, our kids got a lot of use out of their costumes.
I got the kids' costumes several weeks in advance so they could play in them and enjoy the anticipation of the impending Halloween. This year Natalya had her heart set on being Fancy Nancy, the main character in the Fancy Nancy book series. She made such a fantastic Fancy Nancy! When I took Branson costume shopping, we found a firefighter uniform and fell in love. He started running around in circles saying, "Whoo-woo!!" like a fire truck siren. Sold. Branson would be a firefighter this year. So what would compliment a handsome fireman better than a cute fire dog?! I found a dalmation costume from Old Navy and it was perfect! All three of them loved their costumes and wore them about a bazillion times during October.
The best part of trick-or-treating was watching Irelynn get the hang of it! It didn't take her long - she caught on all too quickly. In fact, I think she made off with almost more candy than her big brother and sister! She's hilarious.
I got the kids' costumes several weeks in advance so they could play in them and enjoy the anticipation of the impending Halloween. This year Natalya had her heart set on being Fancy Nancy, the main character in the Fancy Nancy book series. She made such a fantastic Fancy Nancy! When I took Branson costume shopping, we found a firefighter uniform and fell in love. He started running around in circles saying, "Whoo-woo!!" like a fire truck siren. Sold. Branson would be a firefighter this year. So what would compliment a handsome fireman better than a cute fire dog?! I found a dalmation costume from Old Navy and it was perfect! All three of them loved their costumes and wore them about a bazillion times during October.
The best part of trick-or-treating was watching Irelynn get the hang of it! It didn't take her long - she caught on all too quickly. In fact, I think she made off with almost more candy than her big brother and sister! She's hilarious.
Fancy Nancy is such a cute series. We own the first three hardback books and we have checked out most of the others from the library.
This is her dress. Very fancy indeed!We had a very Happy Halloween. Branson keeps asking me if we can do Halloween over again. I hated to break it to him - but we're going to have to wait until next year...



8 comments:
You have the most darling kids!! They all look SO good in their costumes! Halloween is definitely one of the funnest holidays with kids!
crystal, your kids are SO cute! i love their costumes!! glad you guys had a fun halloween. :)
CUTE costumes!! Fancy Nancy indeed! What an adorable fashionista that Natalya is! I love the fire fighter/fire dog thing. SO fun! I love reading about your kids..they are the CUTEST! (btw..i did get your message and im sorry im such a flake with calling back! ahh!! if im at home, i have NO service on my phone! lame!)
I LOVE the costumes! I'm still bummed I didn't get a picture of the little doggy and ladybug. It was fun seeing Karlee getting candy too. I think she thought she was going to get to eat it all!
Such cute costumes! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween!!
Fancy Nancy is one of my favorite books! I am so jealous that you have a girl to read them too - my boys just don't love it.
Love love love all of their costumes. They fit each of their personalities so perfectly! I love Fancy Nancy! And I can't belive how big Irelynn has gotten! Sounds like a FUN Halloween!
Very cute Halloween costumes! I always say this but your kids are so cute an I can't believe how old they are looking!
Post a Comment