Sunday, June 22, 2014

Christmas 2013

December 25, 2013

Happy Christmas morning!!  I think I get just as excited as the children.  The kids woke up to a Christmas splendor...


Gifts were in piles, stockings were filled, and our kitchen "musical instruments" were awaiting the parade.


Santa came and even left a note!  The kids found their names on the Naughty or Nice List and fortunately everyone had a check mark next to "Nice".  Phew!  Branson was a little worried about that.  


We tore through our stockings and had our traditional parade around the house while singing Jingle Bells and banging on pots and pans.  



After stockings and presents from Santa, we took a break for breakfast.  Cinnamon rolls and fruit.  Mmmm.  (Good job, Natalya!  The Cinnamon rolls were fantastic!)


Annika's favorite present was her KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen.  It's fancier than my own kitchen, haha!  She was in heaven.  Her other gifts included a toaster, pots and pans, and cupcakes with removable frosting :)


This is where she spent the next several days - breaking only to eat and sleep.



As you can tell, Irelynn's favorite gift was her Imaginarium Artist Easel - her reaction was my favorite gift. At first we had her open up gift after gift of art supplies: chalk, dry erase markers, stamps, paint sets, and giant paper.  Then she opened the easel.


Priceless!


Branson opened all of his gifts and was satisfied with a case of Gatorade, Doritos, new church shoes and basketball shoes, a couple new books, etc.  He threw his arms around me and thanked me for the "best Christmas ever".  Then I told him that there was one more gift waiting for him in the garage.  With a puzzled look on his face, he hurried to the garage and found what he'd been hoping for all along… his basketball hoop!


Branson was in near disbelief.  It took him several minutes to get a  hold of himself before Brian wheeled it to the backyard.  Nana bought him a new basketball that he quickly put to use.  He and Grandma were shooting hoops until I called them in for dinner! 


Natalya didn't get one big gift this year like the other kids.  Rather she got a library of books instead!  Give the girl a book and she's one happy camper.


I love this sweet picture.  Grandma and Grandaddy gave Natalya a teal colored bath towel set and a teal lava lamp for her room.  She was absolutely thrilled!  She has a great relationship with her grandparents and she loves Grandma's taste.



Dinner was amazing if I do say so myself.  With a HoneyBaked ham, funeral potatoes, homemade cream corn, fresh green beans, mandarin orange banana fruit salad, french bread, and Christmas punch, we were almost too full for dessert!  But we made room :)  I don't think we touched the trifle or homemade cookies.  My dear friend Lindsey Shumway came over and brought a variety of cheesecakes with her - we ate them slowly every evening for the next several nights after the kids were in bed.  

Despite all the excitement we were sure to focus on our Savior Jesus Christ.  I love that my kids recognize that He is the real reason for the season.

What a wonderful day!  Christmas was everything I'd hoped it would be.  And more.  

0 comments: