December 2014
I'm obviously trying to update this family journal rather quickly seeing that I'm a year behind, so I've resorted to monthly snapshots of our lives. Here's the Reeve Family in December. (I'll make sure I dedicate a separate post to just Christmas!) Enjoy.
This brace-face got rubber bands! I seriously feel like I'm in junior high all over again, ugh. At least they're clear braces this time. After my appointment, my sweet hubby told me to take a selfie and send it to him so he could see my new smile. Haha!
Yeah, I don't take selfies very often. Ha!
After reserving a lot in November, I got to go to the studio to start choosing the design of the interior. It was a lot of fun, but also difficult to do on a budget. I'm sure I could have spent a pretty penny on upgrades, but we prioritized to our list of must-haves and I think we did pretty well. Here are pictures of some of our initial ideas, but we didn't end up with all that's here.
Eventually we found a gorgeous 24"x24" grey tile, grey carpet, dark espresso cabinets (seen above), rectangular knobs, New Caldonia granite in the kitchen, a white Caesarstone (quartz) in all the bathrooms, and a white post banister. Yay!
Annika thought it would be funny to walk in mommy's boots. Oh dear.
Branson did a report in the classroom on Walt Disney and had to dress up like him. Handsome boy. 100% on his project.
It is time to say good bye to the GeoTrax train set. We sold it to a family of 3 little boys for their Christmas. Our kids have loved this train set, but we chose sell it in effort to pare down before we make the move to Henderson.
Christmas time means another puzzle! My kids like to have it out so they can put a piece in here or there, then over time we finish it together.
December means winter concerts! This is Irelynn's concert. She has her hands on her hips and her mask on. :)
Branson's performance, love that smile!
Natalya's performance led by Sister Steed. You can see Natalya wearing black with a white scarf, almost under Sister Steed's fingertips. Haha! It's like Where's Waldo.
Proud Granddaddy
This picture is blurry, but at least you can see the love.
Our ward Christmas activity concluded with snow brought down from Mt. Charleston, just 20 minutes away. The kids went wild!
Annika just likes to walk around in her snow gear.
The best part of the season? Andes Mint cookies. I usually quadruple the batch and freeze them so I can enjoy them year round.
Irelynn ended up in Branson's bed again. She sleep walks there in the middle of the night and we find them like this in the morning.
We went to church and discovered we were matchers. Love her.
I found a quote that made me laugh. Pinterest is the best.
We went to drive through the lights with the cousins (they're in front of us) and the kids had a blast.
That was most of December in a nutshell! It's the most wonderful time of the year...

























0 comments:
Post a Comment