December 24, 2014
Christmas Eve
It's the most wonderful time of the year! I love Christmas. I think it's the very best season and we try to make the most of it at our house. The anticipation of Christmas is almost as intense for me as it is for my kids! I love staying up late at night while watching Hallmark Christmas movies and wrapping presents. I genuinely don't need gifts to make me happy on Christmas, but nothing makes me smile more than finding the perfect gift for someone else. I also love the ambiance around Christmastime. The sights and smells and sounds bring me back to my childhood. Christmas can be a very reminiscent time all while forging new memories and traditions with my own children. I didn't take very many photos this year because I was too busy enjoying my family, but here's a peek at what we enjoyed...
Everyone's favorite... steak fondue.
Sibling gifts this year were books! Our family loves books so each child chose a book for one another. I'd say it was a complete success!
Grandma read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. It was the book my Grammarian gave to me when I was a little girl. (Grammarian is my father's mother. Her name was Marian and we called her Grammarian because she was our Grandmother Marian. I loved her very much.)
December 25, 2014
Christmas Day
Good Morning!! We woke up and had our traditional Jingle Bells parade around the house, banging on pots and pans, then ended up at the Christmas tree to open up stockings.
Then we had a delicious breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit. Of course we had to have chocolate milk and two bottles of orange juice, one with lots of pulp and one pulp free. Annika, Natalya, and I LOVE pulp. Brian, Branson, and Irelynn do NOT. (Everyone loves chocolate milk. Ha!)
Then the fun began!
Amongst other things, Branson loved his pogo stick, Annika loved her washer/dryer, Irelynn loved her disk chair, and Natalya loved her robe and slippers.
And Granddaddy loved Annika's unicorn pogo, haha!
Our "family gift" this year was the Indo Board. It's a balance board. Our kids thought they were just having fun learning to balance and do tricks, but they were also exercising! Greatest gift - everyone loves it!
John Michael Freebairn and Ardith Landers Freebairn
my daddy and mommy
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!















0 comments:
Post a Comment