Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Forget Crawling. She Wants to Walk!!

Irelynn started army-crawling and scooting at 6 months. Once she turned 7 months old, she started really crawling. Though she won't be 8 months old until next week, she is already so dissatisfied with crawling - she wants to walk!! She could be walking before our other two kids even started to crawl!

She pulls herself up onto everything! Here she is at the Leapfrog table. (I LOVE those thighs.)


Yes, the baby gate is up already! I caught her crawling up the stairs.


And she still manages to find a stair to crawl upon.


If not the stairs, she'll pull herself up on a table...


...the ottoman...


...a chair...


...the excersaucer, the armoire, the couch, the drawers, or whatever crosses her path.
And all that was just today-

Twice now (for only a second or two) she stood standing alone without holding on to anything. Yes, nothing is safe in the Reeve house with Irelynn on the loose - but she's so stinkin' cute, who could get upset with her. And I love that every time she climbs onto something, she gives me a big, open-mouthed, proud grin!

10 comments:

Chels Allred said...

she is such a cute little doll! she must see her older siblings walkin around and she wants to be a part of the crowd! what a cutie.

Amy said...

She is adorable! Two of my three didn't walk until 16 months so I am jealous! I am also jealous at her chubby thighs - I always wanted a chubby kid and never got one :)

Alli Waldron said...

Reading this makes me totally jealous. vance is almost 15 months and still won't walk! I am really ready for him to walk!!!!

Emily said...

Hey, I recognize those thighs...but they aren't so cute on a 28 year old woman living in Alaska.
She's the cutest!
and
Happy Birthday!

Crystal said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing. I love her little rolls. She is such a cutie.
You have been on quite a blogging frenzy lately. It's been fun to see what you guys are up to.
By the way, sorry I missed your call last week. The kids and I went to Utah to visit my family for the week.

CJMsquared+6 said...

Wow... Big Girl... but who can blame her, she has to keep up with her big brother and big sister!! Love that smile of hers!

The Flaathen's said...

This is Ayden all the way, EVERYTHING is something to help her stand. Glad to know we aren't the only ones dealing w/ it. We're buying her a push-along walker tomorrow =)

Ashley Gaskell said...

that is so going to Aiden!! he will be 7 months this week and is crawling already and today he tried getting his hand up on the couch to get up there!!! seriously????? he really wants to get around like the rest of us! its crazy, but it is so fun to watch, dont you think??

oh, and that chub on her is the BEST!!! i didnt get that this time around! the girls were CHUNKS!

Reeve family said...

I love Irelynn's thunder thighs!!!!!! So cute!

Kara said...

Hi Krystal and family! Irelynn is getting so big, and she's just adorable! We have a blog now, I just started it...check it out when you can. Hopefully we can see you sometime soon!