Every few years, my birthday lands on Easter! So this year I happened to have a very Easter-ish birthday. It was a lot of fun - especially with little kids. The night before Easter, our kids had a lot of fun coloring eggs - though admittedly, I got a little psycho when it came to food coloring spilling all over the place. Everyone's favorite part was putting the little silly faces on their eggs.
We had q-tip paints so the kids could paint their eggs as if using a marker. Then after they dried, we dipped them in the egg dye.
Our bunch of silly eggs.
We loved looking at them through the egg carton - they were peeking at us!
Easter morning. The kids found their baskets where the Easter bunny hid them. Instant excitement filled our home! It was like Christmas morning all over again. :)
After finding all 31 eggs, we stopped for breakfast. Brian had cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. Then it was a mad dash to get to church on time! With church at 9:00am, we had to be out of the house by 8:45.
I wanted to take pictures of the kids before we left for church (you know, while their hair is still in place) but didn't get a chance to. Here are our 3 little sweeties with their hair still slightly in tact. They love their baby sister.
Irelynn was exhausted after all the commotion - she ended up falling asleep while Daddy was feeding her a veggie puff on the couch!
Once my birthday rolls around (usually after Easter - and Branson and Brian's birthdays, of course) instead of baking another cake, we just pick up my favorite cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory! So I get their banana cream cheesecake every year as my birthday cake. And I try to savor it - eating one slice every night for as long as I can draw it out.



2 comments:
It looks like it was a great birthday/Easter!
Isn't it weird sharing a birthday with a holiday? Every few years mine lands on Father's Day. I never know if I'm in charge of dinner to honor Greg or if he's in charge to celebrate my birthday. Easter would be a fun one to have a birthday land on though.
Post a Comment