I saw the doctor today at my regular appointment. He is preparing me for a "rapid delivery" because I'm already a 4 and at a station -1. Since I've had Group B Strep before, he put me on Amoxicillin once a day until the baby comes in the event my delivery is so rapid that I don't get enough antibiotic pre-delivery.
My doctor said that the second I feel like my contractions are regular to not hesitate going to the hospital. (Then he told me about one of his patients who, like me, contracted on a regular basis and ended up giving birth at home because she waited too long.)
Needless to say, I won't be reluctant to go in at the first signs of true labor. That's the only frustrating thing - I've had all the signs of true labor multiple times! Normal people get 5 contractions in an hour, go to the hospital, and come home with a baby. I have contractions 2-5 minutes apart for several hours, accompanied by a painful backache and cramping before my "labor" miraculously stops. At least he said that if I'm contracting at all when I go to the hospital he won't let me leave because I'm already so far progressed.
I'm not trying to sound super anxious for her to come, I just more concerned for her safety (and mine) should I in fact have a rapid delivery. Okay, and I'm getting tired of going into false labor time and time again - it's exhausting. At this point I'm just trying to rely on the Lord and trust that He is mindful of our circumstances and watchful over me and our baby. I guess the only thing I have left to do before she arrives is increase my faith. :)



4 comments:
every time i see that you've updated, I'm hoping for a beautiful picture of this baby girl. You're teasing me!! hahah..
WELL...I think she will come....tomorrow! ;) GOOD LUCK!!!
Good thing we live so close to Centennial hospital. :)
You guys are in our prayers, can't wait to see pictures of this little lady!
I keep thinking about you guys, I am assuming you had your baby already. I hope all is going well. I look forward to seeing pictures and I will keep you in my prayers!
Post a Comment