Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Soccer Stars

April 30, 2013
Irelynn participated in her first soccer season!  And Branson decided to join soccer again for his 3rd season.  I am very proud of both kids.  They were excellent team players and tried their best.  Both improved throughout the season and had fun too.

Irelynn's last game...

Left to right:
Coach Mike, Eva, Mara, Ethan, Coach Rico
Kaden, Ethan, Dakota, Isabelle


Irelynn's throw-in




She didn't love soccer the entire season.  There were some days I thought she just signed up for the cute uniforms and cleats.  But she learned to love it.  The funny thing was that during the last game, she couldn't stop smiling!  Haha!  She was grinning in almost every picture I took.  I'm so glad she didn't give up early in the season.  She stuck it out and learned a new skill - and even enjoyed it.


Branson's Final Game
Branson is naturally good at soccer.  Although he's not aggressive at home, he can be really aggressive on the field.  Branson loves to play on offense. 

Here's the play-by-play... 

Aiden, the goalie, has the ball.  Branson and Eric are moving in for the steal.


Branson makes his move!


He steals the ball!  He shoots!


HE SCORES!!  GOOOAL!! The crowd goes wild!


Then of course he searches the crowd for his mom, their eyes meet, and he seeks her approval.  Mom acts slightly crazy, clapping and whooping.  

What a great way to finish the season!  Well done, Branson!

0 comments: