Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"Welcome to our fancy dinner!"

May 23, 2013

The kids were being ornery and needed a distraction. So while I was making dinner, I suggested to the kids that we have a "fancy" dinner tonight.  They latched onto the idea and went to work.  Before I knew it, they had the dining room cleaned up and the table set with fancy napkins and glass cups.  (We don't normally let our children use our good dinnerware, lol.)  

Natalya printed name place cards off the computer, Branson lit a candle, Irelynn plucked flowers from the backyard, and Annika even put a bow in her hair.  I suggested to the kids that they put on fancy clothes and rehearse "Welcome to our fancy dinner" for Daddy when he comes home.  Brian was very impressed.  We even reviewed proper table etiquette.  Their manners were excellent!  It was such a nice evening.  And I loved seeing my children work together.



Let's do this again.

1 comments:

Reeve family said...

Such a cute idea!