June 11-12, 2014
We've been planning a trip to California for some time to see my niece get married in Los Angeles. The kids were excited to see their cousins. What they didn't expect was a 2 day detour to Disneyland before the wedding. Hehehe! We were literally pulling into the Disney parking garage when we told the kids. It was denial at first, then sheer JOY when they internalized what was going on. What a fun way to start a vacation!!!
Let's do this thang...
Only mom can handle the tea cups with the kids. Dad gets sick!
The Matterhorn
Irelynn's first time on Splash Mountain! The anticipation was intense for a five year old...
Branson sat behind me so I could reach for Irelynn if I needed to. Good brother.
She LOVED all the puppet-like animation and the music.
She survived the drop and even liked it! I was super proud of her - she's my brave girl.
BIG Thunder Mountain Railroad
(Daddy is waving)
Baby swap passes were awesome - we definitely took advantage of them. Brian would take two kids on a "big kid ride" first while I stayed with Annika. Then he'd bring me a baby swap pass and I would get to take a kid with me too! The baby swap pass allowed us to go to the front of the line. It was just as good or even better than any fast pass, and it was accepted at nearly every ride.
We can't go to Disneyland without getting a churro!
We always save It's a Small World for the afternoon when our legs are getting a little tired and we need 15 minutes to rest. (Brian seems happy about that.)
Toon Town
We rarely stop for a parade, but couldn't resist when we stumbled upon a front row spot just as the princesses rolled by. Annika was in heaven! Snow White is her favorite.
While Brian took the big kids on another roller coaster, I took the little girls through the castle. Annika still talks about it today - I honestly think that it was the highlight of her trip!
June 12, 2014
Day 2: California Adventure
While Brian went on California Screamin' with Branson, I took the girls on King Triton's Carousel. I think Branson went on California Screamin' 9 or 10 times. Natalya went on it almost as many. Brian and I rotated taking the big kids - each of us went at least 6 times. Needless to say, that was their favorite ride!
Ariel's Undersea Adventure
While Brian was on Tower of Terror with the big kids, we got to stay on the Ariel ride 3 times in a row without getting out. The girls loved it - and so did I!
Front row to watch Disney Junior! It's an absolutely darling interactive show - our 3 and 5 year-olds loved it.
Annika's favorite? Monster's Inc.
Roz talks back to you - she even responds to the flash of a camera :)
Natalya and Branson took me on the Tower of Terror for my first time. I admit to being a little apprehensive and the kids loved teasing me.
Branson made friends with this guy - our elevator operator. (That kid can make friends anywhere we go!)
I love this picture because it proves that Branson never took his eyes off of me. He's such a sweetie! He wanted to make sure I was having fun - and he enjoyed watching my reaction as I screamed nearly the entire time.
Minnie was so attentive to Irelynn who was a little shy. She took her time with us and the girls were really thrilled that they got to see her.
Wilderness Explorer Camp - a great place to run around.
Annika's feet were so tiny that Brian had to follow her and pull her feet out of the holes of the net despite her wearing her big girl tennis shoes.
It's fun having big kids who like to do all of the big rides. California Screamin' never gets old - or less scary. I went on it so many times that my voice became hoarse from all the screaming.
Annika wanted to give Daddy a break from carrying the backpack. Such a thoughtful girl. Daddy just had to bend down the whole time to help support the weight so it wouldn't topple Annika over. Such a good dad.
Toy Story Midway Mania
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
(We went on this ride at least 3 times)
Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular
I am so glad we took time to go to the Aladdin musical! We've never seen it before! It was amazing. It was the full-blown production - the set was amazing, the actors were talented, the musical impeccable. I think Natalya enjoyed it most. She loves musical theater.
Thank you Disneyland!!!! Our visits are never quite long enough.
~Magic Happens~






































0 comments:
Post a Comment