Sunday, May 3, 2009

Geico Money Eyes

Our church had a pinewood derby activity for anyone who wanted to enter a car. Brian had this crazy idea of making his car look like the Geico money eyes from their commercials. With Brian's sawing/nailing skills, and my creative mind, we came up with this:



Yep - those are Mr. Potato Head eyes. We used two pair and hot glued them together so the eyes are visable from both sides of the car. After painting the car white, I used a blue Sharpie marker to write GEICO. The money is children's play money - we opted not to use real cash. :)

Our car certainly wasn't the fastest. But we weren't really going for "fast". We lost all 4 races. In fact, we didn't quite make it to the finish line. But we did win the "Most Creative" award!

I'm thinking of sending this picture to Geico. Considering our auto insurance is through Liberty Mutual, maybe they'd give us a deal for switching! Kidding kidding.

4 comments:

Emily said...

This is just about the most clever thing I've ever seen!

Chels Allred said...

Aaron told me about this car! He said it was the "coolest!" We love the commercials...and the song.."lalala..it always feels like..somebody's watchin meeeee"

Adventures in Healing said...

I wondered whose that was when I saw it in the pictures. Good job!
Looks like you've been busy blogging and having fun. Maybe a less organized sport (like gymnastics) would be more fun for Branson? Will has flat out told me he will not do soccer. He is totally scared of the balls and convinced he will immediately slip over one or get tripped by someone.

Reeve family said...

Clever. I still would have stayed w/the Reeve family tradition of making the piece of wood as thin as possible, lubing the wheels, cutting a hole in the middle of the body, melting the weights, and filling the hole w/them...or at least we would let dad do that, but we would take credit when we won:)