Monday, June 9, 2008

Our Phoenix Retreat

Brian's lawfirm has many branches. Phoenix is the main office (and the largest) - Then there are sattelite branches in Las Vegas, Denver, Salt Lake, and Orange County. Yearly, all the attorneys from every branch travel to Phoenix for a weekend retreat. A couple of weeks ago Brian and I were able to escape for the weekend, leaving the kids at home with Nana. We had an amazing time~ While Brian had to attend a few seminars, I got to go shopping and relax by the pool. I even found time for a pedicure! During our free time, we caught a matinee, enjoyed the lazy river at our hotel, and ate a lot of food. We finished the retreat with an amazing black tie dinner - complete with over 450 attorneys and their spouces. We're seriously going to have to have a no-kids retreat more often! Here are a few pictures...




We stayed at the JW Marriot Desert Ridge Resort. Everything was beautiful! From the duck ponds and golf course, to the swimming pools and spa - it was the perfect location for a work retreat.




Behind me in this picture is where we had all our breakfasts. They catered all our meals. I never thought that having breakfast on "the lawn" would be so charming!


Brian in the lazy river. I joined him after I took the picture, of course.


This is Brian and I at our black tie dinner.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Cute pictures! Good thing Brian still gets some use out of his tux.

ksdavis6 said...

Looks like you had so much fun! You look so pretty in all of your pictures. Sorry I spelled Branson wrong in my last comment. Anyway, I love getaways!

Rachel McEwen said...

that looks so nice. How would it be to have all of my meals catered and beable to eat in peace...hmmmm? sounds fabulous!!

Amanda J said...

Can I just say how jealous I am? How lucky that you were able to spend some time together away from kids! It looks like it was a great trip!

Bryson Perkins said...

A retreat from the kids?! What a concept. I might just have to try that one of these days.
So, that's life working for a big private firm, huh? Sounds pretty good! We need to see you guys some time, coming to Idaho any time soon?

Adventures in Healing said...

A lazy river at your hotel? I so want to go there! That picture of you at the front by the sign is perfect! =)

Emily said...

Love it! I can't believe you guys get to do that kind of thing...pretty sure practicing law in AK is going to be a whole different ball game! Natalya's Tea Party was ADORABLE. You are so talented Krystal...that room and the table looked perfect!