Our little Annika turned 4 weeks old today. This month went by too quickly! She weighs 6 pounds 13 ounces - which is a fantastic weight gain for a baby who dropped to just 5 pounds after birth. Her doctor is very pleased with her progress.
Annika at 1 month:
Annika is an excellent eater and sleeper. She doesn't seem to mind the noise that accompanies life with three older siblings. She does fairly well in her carseat through all the trips to and from the kids' schools. Annika loves being outside. On days that it's not very windy and the sun is out, I spend a lot of time with her out of the house. I open her pajamas just a little and let her skin soak in some sun - which is still good for her jaundiced complexion.
In spite of her fabulous sleeping schedule as a brand new baby (practically all day), she spends more time awake and enjoys our attention lately. Annika loves to be held and talked to. She cries more now to get what she wants - but it's nothing compared to what we were used to when our other children were newborn.
Annika takes most of her naps in her crib and prefers sleeping on her tummy. When not in her crib, she naps in her carseat or bouncer. During the night I keep Annika in bed with me or next to the bed in her carseat. (I will try to limit the time she spends in our bed to a minimum, but until I get a better nights sleep, oh well!)
I find it interesting that when she's upset our kids all try to appease her differently. Natalya's first instinct is to pick her up and bounce her gently. Branson runs to her and lays his head in her lap or gives her kisses - then if that doesn't work he'll find a little bear and put it next to her. Irelynn immediately starts singing. She usually begins with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star then tries her ABC's. But they all say something like, "It's ok baby! Awwww... I love you. You're alright. Mommy's coming." It's wonderful to see how much they care for her.
Annika is an absolute pleasure. We're so glad she chose to be a part of our family and we can't believe it's already been a month since her arrival.



0 comments:
Post a Comment