Monday, March 7, 2011

Snuggle Bug

Thank heavens for snuggly babies!  Like her siblings, little Annika loves to be held and cuddled.  I'm so glad.  Because I love holding her!  Her brother and sisters can't get enough of her either. 
She looks so comfy here. I bet this is how she slept in the womb.


Kickin back.


The arch-the-back stretch.


We were getting the kids in their PJs for bed when I asked Brian to take a picture of me and Annika. They grow so fast; I want to be able to remember them when while they're tiny.




It's hard to tell in this picture, but Irelynn's eyes actually started getting lighter. They were such a dark blue at first that I thought for sure they would turn brown. But to my surprise they're starting to look more like Branson's color blue. Who knows...


Irelynn loves to hold her baby sissy.

It's amazing how babies bring their own love with them.  Everywhere I go, men and women old and young stop to smile at Annika.  I love hearing "Awww," or "Look at the baby!" in the store or at school.  You could be having a rotten day that melts away at the mere sight of a newborn.  Maybe it's just me.  But it seems that little babies turn big men soft, cause grandmas to reminisce on their earlier years, make experienced mothers miss the days when their children were little, and make young parents yearn for another one - even for just a moment. 

I don't wish away a single day of our children's youth.  I celebrate each stage of their lives - starting at the beginning.  Thank heavens for snuggly babies!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the top picture. It makes me want to come over and just snuggle her for a long time. By the time we actually see her she won't be as little anymore.

Emily said...

I totally and completely agree. There is just something about a newborn that is amazing. They are definitely a little piece of heaven. She's such a cutie. This stage sure doesn't last long enough. Get as many snuggles in as you can!!

Chelsea said...

Oh that newborn stage passes too quickly. Hope you are getting lots of snuggling time in:)She is just a doll!

Amanda J said...

I love the first snuggly picture too! Oh I miss having a new baby!!