Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Girls' Bunkhouse

Three girls.  One room.  Was it complicated?  Yes.  But we were up to the challenge.  Here's how it played out:
*This post is for you, Stacie!


Since the room wasn't meant to be a bedroom, there isn't a closet. Until now Natalya and Irelynn have been fine sharing the armoire. But with Annika joining them, we ran out of space. My parents were nice enough to give us their dresser. It has nine drawers - three for each girl.


Natalya and Irelynn love their bunkbeds! Natalya reads every night in her bed with her little reading light.


Irelynn has her own corner next to her bed - with her baby doll crib and rocking chair.


Natalya hides her Barbie organizer behind my rocking chair. I remember being a kid and loving little corners to hide in and secret places to stash my favorite toys. Our kids do the same thing!  I used to play under our pool table.  There were wood shelf-like beams under there and I would pretend it was my house.  It's no wonder our girls have each claimed a corner of their room.


We scooted the armoire over about 6 inches or so to create just enough space for the crib. (Now Annika has her own little corner, too!)


This is where the girls keep their favorite books. Books are coming out our ears! We have baskets and buckets of books. There are books on shelves and in closets. I think we need a bookcase...



I'm going to eventually add green in their room.  There's just too much pink - even for three girls. 
It's a good thing Branson has his own room!

1 comments:

Reeve family said...

Go Krystal...the room looks great! You know I love house pictures!!! Annika's little corner is perfect for her! And I really like the bunk beds! Good job and thanks for posting it for me to see!